Wednesday 3 July – Come and see the latest research by MA students in translation, with complementary aperitif offered by SDL
As in 2017, we are looking for 4 MA students to present research from their master’s theses in poster form. If you are a postgraduate student in translation and wish to participate, please contact Claudio La Rosa or Valérie Lopez.
This year we are delighted to be joined by SDL, who will be offering conference attendees complementary drinks on the Wednesday evening in conjunction with the students’ poster presentations. The SDL team will also be available on Thursday to answer any questions you may have about their products.
Thursday 4 July – Dinner Cruise on Lake Thun
We will depart from Spiez at 7pm on the MS Schilthorn and return around 10pm.
ASTTI is covering part of the price for conference participants (98.- instead of 120.-). No other evening meal will be provided on Thursday 4 July. Price includes the cruise and the meal.
Vegan menu available. Please specify in the comments during your registration or after by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Ausbildungszentrum für die Schweizer Fleischwirtschaft
Tel. +41 (0)33 650 81 81
Fax +41 (0)33 654 41 94
1. Spiez is on the Basel/Zurich-Bern-Thun-Spiez-Lötschberg-Brig rail line.
2. Golden-Pass-Panorama (Interlaken-Montreux) trains also stop at Spiez
Walking from the station to the ABZ
- Leave the station on the ticket office side (Bahnhofstrasse)
- Follow the road signs to Interlaken as far as the Migros, then turn on to Schlösslistrasse (heading downhill)
- After approx. 250 metres, cross Oberlandstrasse and head down on to Belvédèrestrasse, towards the lake
- Remain on Belvédèrestrasse, pass the church on your left and continue to the Belvedere Hotel (approx. 300 m)
- The ABZ Centre is located uphill, just after the Belvedere Hotel
- Total distance is approx. 800 m / 10 minutes’ walk
Dorf-taxi Spiez: 033 650 15 15
Highway A6, Bern-Thun-Interlaken, exit 19 Spiez
Nestled between hills and vineyards and dominated by a magnificent castle, Spiez on Lake Thun is an inviting destination indeed.
Above the lake the Niederhorn Range stretches as far as the Bernese Alps and forms a magnificent panorama. With a high quality of life induced by the mild climate and abundance of sunny days, Spiez is an ideal starting point for exploring a wide range of popular destinations in the Bernese Oberland and the Valais.
A visit to the Spiez Outdoor Pool and Lake-Shore Swimming Cove, a cruise on Lake Thun or maybe just a stroll along the beautiful lake promenade all make for hours of relaxation. And for the more energetic holiday maker there’s no shortage of fun either – options include kilometres of hiking and biking trails, tennis, mini golf, a fitness course, fishing, a skating rink, windsurfing and sailing.
Culture vultures will be transported back to days of old on a visit to the medieval castle with its thousand-year-old castle church. The art and history of winemaking in Spiez are featured in the museum of viticulture and local history. And to finish up your day of culture try visiting one of the many cultural events on offer, including concerts and the theatre.
• A holiday atmosphere in Spiez Bay – sometimes described as the most beautiful bay in Europe.
• Cruises on Lake Thun – comfortable saloon motor vessels and, as the crowning glory, the magnificently restored “Blümlisalp” paddlewheel steamship ferry passengers from Thun to Interlaken the whole year round.
• Spiez Castle with its thousand-year-old castle church – the castle reflects the change from a medieval castle to a patrician residence.
• Gastronomy – fish speciality dishes and fine Spiez wine served at a lakeside restaurant.
• Circular hiking trail – 14 km Spiez circular hiking trail with shore path to Faulensee.
• Local history and winegrowing museum – presentation of a farming household, a complete cooper’s workshop, a “Trüel” wine press and an exhibition about the work in the vineyard and cellar.
• Spiezer Zügli – the popular little blue train runs between the station and the pier.
• Niesen – amazing panoramic views from the Niesen summit, which rises in pyramid form as viewed on the shores of Lake Thun.